Combinational Design Example
Tom Kelliher, CS 240
Feb. 19, 2010
Assignment due Monday.
Design process and analysis.
- Outline of design procedure.
- Design of a two-bit multiplier.
Well-known combinational circuits: decoders, encoders, muxes.
- From circuit description, determine number of inputs and outputs.
Name I/O signals.
- Determine truth table for each output.
- Obtain minimized Boolean functions for each output.
- Draw the schematic.
Often in multiple output circuits, implicant terms can be shared between
outputs, reducing gate count.
Thomas P. Kelliher