Binary Logic, Gates, and Boolean Algebra
Tom Kelliher, CS 240
Feb. 1, 2010
- Binary logic and gates.
- Boolean Algebra.
Standard forms, maps, and minimization.
- Fundamental operators and their symbols:
- NAND is complete.
- Gate fan-in and fan-out. Electrical significance.
- Timing diagram.
- Frequency and period.
- Timing diagrams. Show AND, OR, NOT waveforms for input: A: 0011,
- What do the waveforms really look like: propagation delay, noise,
under- and over-shoot.
- Boolean functions can be represented by equations, truth tables, or
How do you convert from one form to another?
How many rows in the truth table of an -input Boolean function?
- Why would we want to simplify a Boolean equation?
- Basic Identities:
Example simplification. Use Boolean manipulation to show:
Thomas P. Kelliher