Work and Wealth
Tom Kelliher, CS 200
Mar. 30, 2006
Remember, papers are due at presentation.
Read: Chapter 9.
Turn in answers to these questions: 1, 2, 5
- ``Debate'': Exercise 28.
- Recent news item: Rejection, by Harvard, etc., of B-school applicants
accused of using hacker-provided instructions to check their (common)
- Who would have thought high-tech jobs could be outsourced? Are
detailed requirements specifications ala software engineering a
- The effects of automation. Increased productivity; increased stress.
- Information overload. Do you feel it, too?
- Worker monitoring. Higher levels of monitoring thanks to RFID
- The Digital Divide.
Refer to the textbook.
Thomas P. Kelliher