Tom Kelliher, CS 200
Mar. 23, 2004
Next week: presentations from Deborah and John.
- Technology and social change: Is computing technology effecting
social change? What counts as ``change?''
- Technology is value-laden.
- Democratic values promoted by the Internet.
- Un-mediated, many-to-many communication.
- Information is power.
- More power to the less powerful.
- The Digital Divide.
- The lack of women in computing.
- Is computing technology effecting social change? What counts as
- How is technology value-laden? Are there any technologies that
- What forces are in play to decrease the democracy of the Internet?
- What can be done to bridge the Digital Divide?
- Why aren't women pursuing computing? What can be done?
Thomas P. Kelliher
Tue Mar 23 11:42:16 EST 2004