Tom Kelliher, CS 200
Mar. 9, 2004
Read Chapter 8; bring in a related article for discussion.
Property rights in software.
Travis's presentation and ethics and the Internet II.
- Several notions of responsibility: causally responsible, liable, etc.
- Strict liability and software as product or service.
- Y2K issues. Accountability?
- Should software vendors be liable if their software doesn't perform
- Should ISPs be liable for activity occurring on their networks?
- Should someone be liable for all the losses resulting from virus
activity? If so, who?
- Should businesses be liable if servers are hacked, resulting in the
loss of personal information (more and more online businesses waive this in
- Should our real-world rights and responsibilities transfer over to
the virtual world? If so, how?
Thomas P. Kelliher
Tue Mar 9 09:40:26 EST 2004