Netscape Navigator Gold Workshop I
Jan. 22, 1997
- Things to keep in mind.
- Other tools.
- Navigator Gold overview.
- Hands-on work.
- Some on-line resources:
Navigator Gold Authoring Guide.
A few style guides.
A few more guides.
In particular, see The Bare Bones Guide to HTML in this
collection for an introduction to ``raw'' HTML.
- A ``traditional'' resource:
- A. Simpson, Official Netscape Navigator Gold 3.0 Book.
Windows edition. Netscape Press, 1996.
- Your main page is the document index.htm on your T:
- Possibilities for your ``prototyping'' folder:
- T: drive:
- Visible to the world at all times.
- Document backups.
- A WWW folder on your N: drive:
- Moving files back and forth.
- The Gold editor is similar to MS Word, but is not MS Word.
- The Gold editor is not completely ``WYSIWYG.'' Some designs must be
viewed in the browser.
- When using editor and browser, changes aren't automatically
propagated from editor to browser. Save document in editor and
Reload document in browser.
Contact help desk for assistance.
- Scanners and scanner software. Usable image formats: GIF, JPG.
Paint Shop Pro.
- Internet Assistant for MS Word.
- Open File in Editor.
- Open File in Browser.
- Options and preferences.
- Toolbars and buttons.
Thomas P. Kelliher
Wed Jan 22 11:38:54 EST 1997