Object-Oriented Analysis II
Tom Kelliher, CS 245
Sept. 17, 2010
Scenarios due on 9/22.
Read pp. 1-29 of the JUDE Basic Operations Guide.
No online essay.
- Team exercises.
Unix, UML Lab 1.
- What ethical concerns may appear in a requirements specification for
a credit reporting system? For a medical information system?
- What is gained by performing a structured walk-through?
- How do use cases influence the structure of a proposed system? How
would a class definition be modified based on a use case?
- How are class diagrams used? What are the elements of a class
- Create a scenario for the following use cases in Galaxy Sleuth: initiate game, player move, and terminate game. Do any
of the use cases require multiple scenarios? If so, create additional
scenarios as well.
- Write the following use cases for Galaxy Sleuth: initiate
game, player move, and terminate game. For each,
identify the main flow of events and any exceptional flow of events. In
addition, specify and preconditions and postconditions.
- Identify the primary and secondary classes from your Galaxy Sleuth
requirements specification and briefly explain your rationale for selecting
- Create a class diagram for Galaxy Sleuth that embodies the primary
class inter-relationships. Are there opportunities for inheritance?
Thomas P. Kelliher