Object-Oriented Paradigm Overview
Tom Kelliher, CS 245
Sept. 10, 2010
No online essay.
Refined requirements spec. and primary class list due in nine days --
9/17. Remember, deliverables will be ``delivered to'' your TRAC site.
Object-oriented design exercises (within project teams).
- What are the seven guidelines for creating an informal scenario?
- How are objects and relationships characterized? Give an example of
an intangible object.
- Name and describe the three basic types of relationships that can
exist between objects.
- How could a systems analyst use prototyping to elicit system
requirements from a domain expert? From an end user?
- How could a programmer use prototyping to understand a new technology
before employing it in an important project?
- Why is an iterative/incremental development approach associated with
the object-oriented paradigm?
- What characteristics do well-structured modular systems share?
- How are software models used in the process of software development?
- Why is a unified software modeling notation important?
Thomas P. Kelliher