Work and Wealth
Tom Kelliher, CS 200
Nov. 3, 2009
Remember, papers are due at presentation.
Presentations: Maddy and Jessica.
- ``Debate'': Exercise 30.
- Recent news item: Rejection, by Harvard, etc., of B-school applicants
accused of using hacker-provided instructions to check their (common)
- Who would have thought high-tech jobs could be outsourced? Are
detailed requirements specifications ala software engineering a
- The effects of automation. Increased productivity; increased stress.
- Information overload. Do you feel it, too?
- Worker monitoring. Higher levels of monitoring thanks to RFID
- The Digital Divide.
Refer to the textbook.
Thomas P. Kelliher