Aug. 30, 2006
I have several purposes in mind in asking you to complete this survey:
- I want to learn about you and your knowledge and attitude toward
- I want to make sure that you know a little bit about using a Web
browser to find some information, MS Word to edit a document, and MS
Outlook to attach a document and send e-mail.
- I want you to become familiar with the class' on-line resources.
Thanks for completing the survey!
- Log onto your workstation and start the Internet Explorer browser.
- In the address box type the following and press return:
- Find and follow the link to the CS 102 home page. I recommend you
bookmark (make it a ``favorite'') the class home page.
- Find the link to the class survey (it's near the bottom of the class
home page) and click on it.
- If all goes well, the survey form pops up as a Word document. Fill
out the form and save it onto your network folder on your G:
- You should now close Internet Explorer. You did save the
survey first, right?
- Start Outlook (the e-mail software: either Outlook itself or Outlook
Web Access; don't use Outlook Express) and send me (kelliher)
the survey as an attachment to a piece of e-mail with the subject ``CS 102
By the way, Outlook Web Access is available at
https://email.goucher.edu/exchange/. Make sure you type in the
- You're done. You may log out now.
Thomas P. Kelliher