Scanning Images in HS 149
Oct. 27, 2006
This summarizes the steps for scanning an image. This sequence is the
safest way to use the scanner (it seems to mis-behave least frequently when
you follow these steps).
Don't forget to take your images with you when you leave!
- Log in on the scanner workstation.
- Place your image in the scanner, face-down with the top edge away
from you, and against the back, right corner of the image glass.
- If there is an HP Precision Scan icon on the desktop, double click it.
Otherwise, find the HP Precision Scan entry in the Programs menu and start
Precision Scan from there.
- Once the Precision Scan window opens make these settings adjustments,
- Under Scan to, select
Paint Shop Pro 6.
- Make sure Select Parts of Page or View Page First is
- Make sure Scan in Color is selected.
- Click Scan. (If the scanner hasn't been used in a while, it
will have to warm up first. Sometimes as a result of this, the scanner
software times out. If it does, just scan the image again.)
- The image will be scanned and will be displayed in the viewer. The
regions to be transferred to Paint Shop Pro will be shown. Adjust the
regions as necessary.
- Click Accept.
- Paint Shop Pro will open and the image will transfer. Export the
image as a GIF or JPEG image (look under the File menu) and close
Paint Shop Pro.
- Click Cancel in the viewer.
- Close Precision Scan or return to step 4 to scan another image.
- Log out when you're finished.
Thomas P. Kelliher