Personal Web Site Project
60 pts., due Dec. 6, 2006
For this project, you will create and publish a small Web site. The
``usual'' project is the development of a site about yourself. If you have
other ideas for the focus of your Web site, make sure you check with me
I don't want to dampen your creativity, but I need to give some guidelines
for evaluation purposes. Here they are:
When you have completed your Web site, let me know via e-mail. This e-mail
will constitute the turning in of your project. Include in this e-mail a
list of what images on your Web site your scanned yourself. The late
penalty used in previous projects will also apply to this project: 10% off
per day late. No projects accepted after two days.
- Your site should consist of at least four Web pages.
- Your project must be published to the Web server on
- Your Web site should meet the three C's:
- Quality content: Make it worthwhile for the viewer to visit the
- Reader convenience: Make it easy for the viewer to navigate the
site and quick for Web pages at the site to download.
- Artistic Composition: Make the site visually appealing to keep the
viewer's interest and please their eye. There should be a design
uniformity between the individual pages of your site.
- Judiciously used images, including images you scanned yourself.
These images should be of reasonable quality, yet download quickly.
Make sure that you respect copyrights.
- Several links to other Web sites.
- Use of a table.
- Each page should as unobtrusively as possible contain date of last
modification, name, and contact info.
Hint with contact info: If you do not wish to place your e-mail address on
your Web site, go to HotMail and create a ``throw-away'' e-mail address to
Thomas P. Kelliher