Computer and Networking Lab
Tom Kelliher, CS 102
Sept. 12, 2003
Quiz on Monday. Question and answer period now. Remember sample quiz and
No online quiz. Study for written quiz.
Hardware show and tell.
- Why buy more RAM when my PC is slow?
- What is a basic PC today? Why might I want more or less?
Price: $400 (including rebate) from Best Buy.
- 2.4 GHz Intel or AMD processor.
- 128--256 MB RAM (watch out for video sharing).
- 40 GB hard drive.
- CD-ROM, CD-RW, or DVD-ROM drive.
- 56K modem and/or network interface card.
- Audio card, speakers.
- 15'' or 17'' monitor (often not included).
- Basic $100 inkjet printer (often not included).
- Notebook PCs.
- Good brands. Good places to buy.
- Why might I want a MAC?
Thomas P. Kelliher
Wed Sep 10 09:54:03 EDT 2003