Scanning Images in HS 149
Oct. 29, 2003
This summarizes the steps for scanning an image. This sequence is the
safest way to use the scanner (it seems to mis-behave least frequently when
you follow these steps).
Don't forget to take your images with you when you leave!
- If there is an HP Precision Scan icon on the desktop, double click it.
Otherwise, find the HP Precision Scan entry in the Programs menu and start
Precision Scan from there.
- Once the Precision Scan window opens make these settings adjustments,
- Under Scan to, select
Paint Shop Pro 6.
- Make sure Select Parts of Page or View Page First is
- Make sure Scan in Color is selected.
- Click Scan.
- The image will be scanned and will be displayed in the viewer. The
regions to be transferred to Paint Shop Pro will be shown. Adjust the
regions as necessary.
- Click Accept.
- Paint Shop Pro will open and the image will transfer. Export the
image as a GIF or JPEG image and close Paint Shop Pro.
- Click Cancel in the viewer.
- Close Precision Scan or return to step 3 to scan another image.
- Log out when you're finished.
Thomas P. Kelliher
Wed Oct 29 08:38:44 EST 2003