FrontPage Lab I.
FrontPage Lab II.
- Image quality vs. image size:
(Demo with a couple of images.)
- The effect of scanning resolution.
No quality problem when re-sizing smaller. ``Blockiness'' when re-sizing
Demo with an image.
- GIF vs. JPEG
- GIF palette size: 256 colors.
- JPEG palette size: unlimited.
- GIF is better for line art; JPEG for photos.
- Paint Shop Pro demonstrations of:
- Changing color depth.
- Varying JPEG compression ratio.
- Changing image size.
- Image cropping.
- Discuss: From our discussion of evaluating web pages, what key items
should Web pages you design contain to assure others of the usefulness of
your Web pages? Do any of these represent security risks? If so, how
would you reconcile the need to have the information on your Web pages vs.\
your security needs?
- Discuss: List three design principles for producing effective,
visually appealing Web pages. Briefly explain the importance behind your
(In book: quality content, reader convenience, artistic composition.)
- Discuss: Describe a situation in which we would prefer to use
FrontPage's HTML editor rather than its WYSIWYG editor.
- Discuss: What must must you do with your Web pages before others can