This self-assessment consists of two parts. For the first part, you'll
answer some questions. For the second part, you're asked to rank job
Part 1. Answer each of the following questions. Provide
justification for each of your answers. A rating of ``10'' is best, while
``1'' is worst.
- Are you a ``big picture'' sort of a person?
- Do you enjoy working out the details of a project?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, rate your programming skills.
- On a scale of 1 to 10, rate your ability to eliminate ambiguity from
- Are you a self-starter?
- How good are you at motivating others?
- How well do you communicate ideas to others?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, rate your ability at digging up information on
- How good are you at estimating the amount of work required to
complete a project.
- How much system administration experience do you have?
- In 50 words or less write a specification for a device which can be
used to store frozen dairy confections.
Part 2. Following is a list of job titles. Rank them. Here, ``1''
- Marketing manager.
- Product planner.
- Product development manager.
- Requirements engineer.
- Software architect.
- Programming manager.
- Software engineer.
- System administrator.
Thomas P. Kelliher
Sun Sep 3 17:02:19 EDT 2000