Jan. 14, 1997
Three of these exercises require pre-existing Word documents. These
documents have been posted to wc.acad.cs14f from me under the subject
of ``MS Word files for Jan. 14.''
If you have questions regarding how to do something, call me over. Nothing
needs to be handed-in, nor do you need to print anything. Answer any
questions asked in the exercise.
Friday's quiz will be completely closed-book.
- On Your Own, Project 4, page 90. The file to use is
- Brief Cases, Project 4, page 90. The file to use is
- Brief Cases, Project 5, page 110. The file to use is
ANULRPT2.DOC. Note: Before performing step 3, go through the document
and format each heading as ``Heading 3.'' This is necessary for creating a
cross-reference to the headings and for creating the Table of Contents.
The Table of Contents should be on its own page, immediately following the
- Brief Cases, Project 6, page 130. Create your own file. The
text of the newsletter should be in two columns, but the newsletter title
should be in a single column (use a continuous section-break to split the
title from the text).
- What three menu choices do you make to change margins? (Answer, so
that you know what I mean by ``three menu choices:'' File,
Page Setup, Margins.)
- What three menu choices do you make to change paragraph spacing?
- What must you do to ensure that paragraph formatting is applied to
the entire document?
- Name and define the four ways of text justification.
- Name two ways of indenting text.
- What is the difference between a soft page break and a hard page
- What is WYSIWYG?
- Describe how to insert a header.
- Describe how to replace all occurrences of text in a document.
- Can a meaningful Table of Contents be created if there are no
headings in a document?
- What is a cross-reference? Why not enter the page number manually?
- What menu do you open to insert a table into a document?
- How do you move between the cells of a table?
- Can the size of clip art be adjusted to fit a page or column?
- Can text wrap-around clip art?
- What are sizing handles?
- What is Page Layout View?
Thomas P. Kelliher
Tue Jan 14 10:18:17 EST 1997