Mar. 5, 1997
All of these exercises require pre-existing Word documents. These
documents may be found on your R: drive, in nearly the same
location in which the previous exercise's documents were found --- the
final folder on the ``trail of folders'' is named word3. Don't
forget to do a Save As after you've opened each document.
Questions for which you are responsible (these questions come from the
Word Essentials readings):
- What is the difference between a footnote and an endnote.
- How do you update the table of contents? What options do you have in
updating the table of contents? Why would you want to update it?
- What must you do to section headings before they can be included in a
table of contents?
- On Your Own, Project 4, page 90. The file to use is
LOANPRP.DOC. You don't need to print any copies of the document.
- Brief Cases, Project 4, page 90. The file to use is
ANUALRPT.DOC. You don't need to print any copies of the document.
- Brief Cases, Project 5, page 110. The file to use is
ANULRPT2.DOC. Note: Before performing step 3, go through the document
and format each heading as ``Heading 3.'' This is necessary for creating a
cross-reference to the headings and for creating the Table of Contents.
The Table of Contents should be on its own page, immediately following the
title page. Again, there's no need to print anything.
Thomas P. Kelliher
Mon Mar 3 10:55:48 EST 1997