Review Materials for Quiz 4
Tom Kelliher, CS14A
Mar. 24, 1997
The purpose of these materials is to clarify that material which will be
covered by the upcoming quiz which you might not be very sure about. Some
areas will not be mentioned here, because I was clear in my coverage;
nonetheless these areas are covered by the quiz. Here are some examples:
- The outline of The Paperback Computer.
- The questions listed on each of the exercise (PowerPoint and Excel)
- In-class Excel demonstrations.
Here are the clarifications:
- Important ideas from Unit 4B of Computers in Your Future:
- ``What if'' questions; advantages of a spreadsheet. Visicalc,
- Spreadsheet features:
- Control panel, icons, work area, status line.
- Rows, columns, cells, cell address, active cell.
- Contents of cells: labels, formulas, values. Functions.
- Cell ranges.
- Spreadsheet graphics:
- Advantages of graphs.
- Types of graphs: bar, pie, line
Thomas P. Kelliher
Mon Mar 24 10:01:32 EST 1997