Mar. 14, 1997
Several of us learned Wednesday that PowerPoint is not a very stable
program. Therefore, save your work often! (After each step would be
a good idea.)
- Start PowerPoint.
- Open a new, blank presentation.
- Create a title slide. Use Tips and Techniques for Finding the Right
Job as the title. Use the following for the sub-title:
Type your name here
Director of Human Resources
Acme Enterprises, Inc.
- Use the Look Wizard to pick a presentation style.
- Create a bulleted list slide. Use Where to Start? as the
title. Here are the points to make on the slide:
- Trade publications
- Employment agencies
- Search firms
- Word of mouth
- Create another bulleted list slide. Use The Resume as the
title. Here are the points:
- Job objectives
- Employment history
- Create one last bulleted list slide. Use Interview
Preparation as the title. Here are the points:
- Research the company
- Rehearse answers to likely questions
- Prepare questions to ask prospective employer.
- Apply transitions to each of the slides and builds to the bulleted
slides. Use different builds and transitions. Use Slide Show View to
try-out your effects.
- Go back and insert an image or two into one or more of your bulleted
lists. You will have to resize and move the text to create empty space on
the slide and then insert an image.
- Save your presentation one final time. E-mail the presentation to me
as a GroupWise attachment.
Thomas P. Kelliher
Wed Mar 12 14:23:20 EST 1997