Internet Search Project
60 pts., due Feb. 21
Use a word processor to produce and print the following summaries.
- Using World Wide Web search engines (numerous search engines are
available from Netscape --- see Lesson 7 of Project 8 in Internet
Essentials), locate five good references to each of three topics of
interest to you. Summarize your references (about one page per topic).
- Research the advanced search capabilities (language) of any two of
the popular search engines (Alta Vista, Lycos, Web Crawler, Yahoo, etc.)
and compare them on each of the following points:
Produce a 1--2 page summary.
- Ease of learning the search language.
- Ease of using the search language.
- Power of the search language (How much better is it than the basic
Thomas P. Kelliher
Sat Feb 8 11:38:14 EST 1997