Other Software Packages
Tom Kelliher, CS14F
Nov. 7, 1996
- Midterm in 1 week.
- Homework due.
- No quiz Tuesday.
- WWW extra credit (as promised). 10 points:
- Locate a piece of software on the web. Preferably, not a piece of
software already mentioned in this outline.
- Write, using MS Word, a one page summary describing features of
- Include the URL as a reference.
- Due Nov. 14.
An integrated Package is an all-in-one program including:
``Watered-down'' version of software suites.
- Word processor.
- Spreadsheet, charting tool.
User friendly features:
- Templates to produce common documents:
- Mailing labels, envelope.
Research these questions about Works 3.0 on your own:
- Does it do 3-D charts?
- Does it include a spell check? Thesaurus? Grammar check?
- Will it work with a modem?
of software bundled with a system.
Bundled productivity tools: word processor, spreadsheet, database,
presentation software, Internet capabilities.
(Click WIN 95 buttons for list of programs included.)
Research on your own: What are the six programs included in the Windows 95
Research own your own for Quicken 6:
- Will it work with the web?
- Can you get stock quotes?
- Are there video introductions?
- What are the three ways it will sort you check register?
MECA Managing Your Money
- Electronic banking.
- Check writing.
- Keeping track of expenses.
Research on your own:
- What operating systems will it work with?
- What is the minimum CPU type?
- What is the recommended amount of RAM?
- Electronic drawing, painting.
- Image manipulation. Any dangers here?
Excel projects 7 and 8.
Thomas P. Kelliher
Tue Nov 5 21:13:56 EST 1996