Tom Kelliher, CS 102
Mar. 6, 1998
Announcements: Monday will be used for more practice in scanning and image
From last time:
- Demonstration of PaintShop Pro.
- Experimentation with PaintShop Pro.
- Overview of scanning.
- Scanning demonstration.
- Practice scanning.
Assignment: Imaging assignment (handed out last time) due 3/13.
- Scanner ordinarily in ``back room.''
- Results will look better on PCs with better graphics systems.
- Use Scanner folder.
An overview of the scanning process:
- Start: Login, turn-on scanner, place image, start PhotoImpact.
- Preparation: Reset scanner adjustments, perform preview scan, frame
portion of image.
- Adjustments: Number of colors, DPI, histogram, descreening, unsharpen
- Final scan: perform final scan, transfer to PhotoImpact.
- Finish: Save image on G: drive, close PhotoImpact, logout,
turn-off scanner, take images.
Thomas P. Kelliher
Fri Mar 6 08:25:53 EST 1998