50 pts., Due April 6, 1998
You should prepare a minimum of three pages, covering the following topics:
These pages should make use of the following:
- A page telling us about yourself. This should be your ``main'' page
(i.e., the index.htm page).
- A resume page.
- A hobby or personal interest page. This page should serve as an
information resource, telling and showing us several things about the
hobby/interest as well as containing links to additional information.
- Each page should end in a ``signature,'' informing the reader of the
last date of modification to the page, your name, and your e-mail address
in a mailto URL. The signatures should include a ``home'' button
which is a link to your main page.
- Each page should make use of a background and have a title (the title
bar title as well as a Heading 1 title at the top of the page).
- The pages should make use of images and links, as appropriate.
- Basic formatting should be used. (I.e., headings, lists, etc.)
- Proper spelling and grammar should be used.
Properly executing these preceding requirements will earn you a grade of
``B.'' Properly executing any three of the following requirements, in
addition to the preceding requirements , will earn you an ``A.''
You are welcome to make suggestions for additional items to add to this
list. To receive credit, your pages must be published on phoenix. By the
6th, e-mail me a document describing your Web pages. This document should
point out any features of your pages which you are claiming in order to
earn an ``A.''
- An additional hobby/interest page.
- Good use of at least three scanned images.
- Making use of at least three images which you designed yourself.
- Using self-designed transparent interlaced GIF title headings for
each of your pages. These headings can't also be used for fulfilling the
- Using tables in a moderately complex and interesting manner (e.g.,
newspaper columns, extensive use of spanning, more-precise image placement).
- Using clickable image maps.
- Using frames.
Thomas P. Kelliher
Wed Mar 18 12:37:28 EST 1998