60 pts., Due Apr 16, 1999
You are to prepare a minimum of three pages, covering the following topics:
These pages should make use of the following:
- A page telling us about yourself. This should be your ``main'' page
(i.e., the index.htm page). Make sure you properly introduce
yourself to the rest of us in cyber-space. Everything on the page should
reflect your personality.
- A hobby or personal interest page. This page should serve as an
information resource, telling and showing us several things about the
hobby/interest as well as containing links to additional information. Of
course, these links should pass our evaluation test.
- A brief resume, using a table to control formatting.
- Each page should end in a ``signature block,'' informing the reader
of the last date of modification to the page (it's easiest to do this with
your name, and your e-mail
address in a mailto URL. The signatures should include a ``home''
button which is a link to your main page. You can borrow a home button
from someone else's home page or look in the following places for buttons
(and other images)
The signature block should be
separated from the body of the page with a visual separator.
Yahoo Graphics directory page
Coolnerds Free Web Graphics
MS Multimedia Gallery
- Each page should make use of a background and have a title (the title
bar title as well as a Heading 1 title at the top of the page). The
background may either be a solid color or a background image.
- The pages should make use of images and links, as appropriate.
- Basic formatting should be used. (I.e., headings, lists, etc.)
- Good spelling and grammar should be used.
Properly executing these preceding requirements will earn you a grade of
``B.'' Properly executing any three of the following requirements, in
addition to the preceding requirements , will earn you an ``A.''
You are welcome to make suggestions for additional items to add to this
list. To receive credit, your pages must be published on phoenix. By the
16th, e-mail me (to
- An additional hobby/interest page.
- A third hobby/interest page.
- Good use of at least three scanned images. The scanned images must
be of good to excellent quality.
- Making use of at least three images which you designed yourself using
Paint Shop Pro or another drawing/paint program.
- Using self-designed transparent interlaced GIF title headings for
each of your pages. These headings can't also be used for fulfilling the
- Using tables in a moderately complex and interesting manner (e.g.,
newspaper columns, extensive use of spanning, more-precise image
placement). The table in your resume doesn't count for this.
- Using clickable image maps.
- Designing all your pages so that they are ``low-bandwidth''
friendly: Using small image file sizes, providing the text alternative
representation, using only a small number of images per page, and reusing
images between your pages. None of your pages should need more than 20
seconds to load when using a 28.8Kb modem.
Send mail to kelliher AT DOMAIN goucher.edu) a document briefly
describing your Web pages. This document should point out any features of
your pages which you are claiming in order to earn an ``A.''
Thomas P. Kelliher
Mon Apr 5 09:13:55 EDT 1999