Tom Kelliher, CS 102
Sept. 8, 1997
E-mail me a list of three things you'd like to do in this class.
- Collect essays.
- Get everyone's e-mail address.
- Questions about using e-mail?
- The changing face of computer literacy:
- 15 years ago: programming.
- 5 years ago: personal productivity software.
- Today: cyber-fluency.
- Some things we can do:
- Look at hardware, software.
- Word processing.
- Presentation software.
- Database software.
- Internet tools.
- Locating Internet resources.
- Web publishing.
- Paint programs.
- Security, privacy, computer crime, etc.
- Nuts and bolts issues: back-ups, CMOS batteries, etc.
- Artificial intelligence and the limits of computing.
- What can you already do?
- What do you want out of this course?
- Feelings about group projects?
Thomas P. Kelliher
Sun Sep 7 20:41:41 EDT 1997