Tom Kelliher, CS 102
Sept. 5, 1997
Write an essay comparing the relative pace of advancement of society and
technology, considering how they inter-relate.
- Answering machines, caller-id, cell phones, pagers, e-mail, the Web,
spam, voice mail, flames, discount cards. Where are we going?
- The changing face of computer literacy:
- 15 years ago: programming.
- 5 years ago: personal productivity software.
- Today: cyber-fluency.
- What can you already do?
- What do you want out of this course?
- What do I need to know about you?
- What do you find interesting?
- What do you fear?
- Why are you here?
- Do you have any questions you'd like me to address?
Thomas P. Kelliher
Fri Sep 5 07:47:56 EDT 1997