Tom Kelliher, CS 102
Dec. 4, 2006
No reading, no online quiz.
- Video and discussion.
Continuation of artificial intelligence.
- Can computers ``take over'' -- control us? How many said so on the
survey at the beginning of the semester?
How many have changed their minds?
- Where, today, are computers already the ``experts'' -- better than
- What did last class's lab show you about ``teaching'' computers? Would you
think AI researchers have an easy time?
- (After Eliza) Is the Turing Test a practical test of intelligence?
- (After frames) Ask about the irony of expert systems vs. ``background
What is ``background knowledge'' better known as?
- (After Cyc, but before Dreyfus) What is the threshold of intelligence? How
would you define it?
- (Afterwards) Are you surprised at what AI researchers found to be hard
(common sense) and easy (expert systems)?
Thomas P. Kelliher