Tom Kelliher, CS 319
Sept. 4, 2000
ACM Programming Contest: Nov. 11. Venues: JHU, U. Del., Drexel. Interest?
I'll assign Chapters in Brooks to students in alphabetical order. Each
student is responsible for:
Ten minutes per essay. Multimedia use is optional. Everyone is still
expected to read each essay.
- Summarizing the essay.
- Determining whether or not the essay is relevant today.
- Describing how the idea(s) of the essay would apply to something
they've done in the past (not necessarily in CS).
Introduction. Discussion of project possibilities.
- Semester Project
- Skills self-assessment.
Chapters 1--4 of Brooks. Project role assignments? Further discussion of
The class has decided to form one company, which will devise an interactive
web page for the Admissions Department. The task of this web page will be
to make tour and host assignments for prospective students much more
efficient. We would like to follow this project all the way through to its
- Company name and logo? IPO date? Venture capital?
- Describe the project more fully. What is a ``host?'' What is meant
- What is the scope of this project? Would other Admissions
Departments be able to use it? Other Departments? Can it be further
- What are the project deliverables?
- What platform will be used for development? For deployment?
- Who will maintain the product?
- From whom in Admissions must we seek approval?
- From whom in Admissions will we obtain user requirements?
- Whom in Admissions will evaluate the software product?
- How many roles will each person play?
Thomas P. Kelliher
Sun Sep 3 17:00:25 EDT 2000