Tom Kelliher, CS18
May 13, 1996
- The final is cumulative.
- This review only covers what we've done since the second midterm.
- A question-asking session is scheduled for Thursday, May 16 from
7:00--8:00pm in Hoyt 166.
- The final is Friday, May 17 at 8:00am in 369 Hoyt.
- Pointer variables:
- Lvalues, rvalues (address vs. value).
- Operations: address-of, de-referencing, comparison, addition,
- Use as a parameter passing mechanism.
- Use with dynamically allocated variables.
- Variable attributes: lifetime, scope, visibility.
- delete and new. A good example: the simple array class.
- ADTs in C++:
- Data hiding.
- The class concept in C++:
- Access levels.
- Data members.
- Member functions.
- Understanding of what a copy constructor, destructor, overloaded
assignment operator, etc. is.
- The importance of signatures in allowing multiple constructors,
- Default constructor, destructor.
- Shallow vs. deep copy.
- Linked lists. Operations, implementations, and uses.
- The list class defined for the polynomial class.
- The polynomial class.
Thomas P. Kelliher
Sun May 12 14:49:58 EDT 1996