Web Page Design
Tom Kelliher, CS14A
Apr. 23, 1997
Today we will:
- Create a Web page with a link to a second, local page.
- Create a Web page which has an image on it.
Friday we will: publish our first pages.
- Distinction between browser and editor.
- Editor toolbars/buttons:
- Link button (link of chain) --- Used to create links to other
- Publish button (page with lightning bolt) --- used to publish
pages to Web server.
- Paragraph style.
- Alignment buttons.
- Importance of using a single folder to hold all Web pages and images
and nothing else.
- Moving between the browser and multiple editors.
- Similarities to other GUI-based programs.
- Case sensitivity on the Web server.
- Checking link/image properties.
- Save in editor; reload in browser.
- The editor is not completely GUI.
Thomas P. Kelliher
Mon Apr 21 11:02:05 EDT 1997